It is always a good idea to start by consulting the University's academic calendar and the schedule of religious holidays provided by the Office of the Chaplains and Religious Life.
While it is not comprehensive, it is good to check the University's Events Calendar for other events that may conflict with your event. You should also post your event as early as possible so that others will know about your event when scheduling.
- First-Year Orientation: the weeks before and after Labor Day
- Family Weekend: mid-October
- Fall Festival: Late October, typically the last weekend in October
- Brown Center for Students of Color's calendar of cultural weeks and months
- Women's History Month [contact the Sarah Doyle Women's Center]
- Pride Month: April [contact the LGBTQ Resource Center for more information]
- A Day on College Hill: mid-April
- Spring Weekend: Late April, typically the weekend right before Reading Days begin [contact the Student Activities Office for more information]
- Commencement: Memorial Day weekend
Please keep in mind that our buildings are not open 24/7. While it may be possible to arrange to have a building opened outside of the open/close hours listed on 25live, there may be additional costs or security concerns.
Quiet Hours (near Residence Halls)
All members of the University Community have a right to reasonable peace and quiet during normal hours of rest. Creating undue noise or disturbance in or adjacent to residential units is prohibited between 12 midnight and 7 AM on weekdays and between 2 AM and 9 AM on Saturdays and Sundays.
Closing Time (for student events)
All events and activities held on Sundays through Thursdays must close by 12 midnight. Friday and Saturday events and activities must close by 2 AM.
Alcohol service must end at 1 AM for events that qualify for a Class F license (events where alcohol will be served and money will be collected at the event for any reason). Visit Student Activities for more information.
City regulations do not permit outdoor music after 12 midnight.
Set-up and Clean-up
Be sure to reserve the time required by Catering, Facilities, Media Services and others to set-up and clean-up before and after your event.