Call our office first so that we can assist you with choosing the right location, avoiding conflicts with other University events, etc.
The majority of event spaces are scheduled by University Scheduling. Other offices are responsible for scheduling some other spaces at Brown that you may want to consider. Again, we can assist you in choosing those spaces even though we may not reserve them.
Please Keep the Following in Mind
- There are restrictions on advanced reservation of large spaces (100+) during certain weeks in the academic year when evening midterms generally occur.
- Reserving the room only gets you the room. The next step is to contact the appropriate event services, such as Media Services, Catering, Event Support, etc.
- Brown credit-bearing courses and related components (exams, etc.) take precedence over other University events and conferences. Exceptions to this policy are rare and must be requested through the University Scheduling Office before booking your space.
- Having potential dates and times in mind when you look for space is very helpful, but do not solidify a date or start advertising until you receive confirmation from our office that the space is available!
- Instead of asking for a specific space, consider searching for space by room features or capacity. You might be surprised to find a new room you've never been in!
- Please cancel your reservation where appropriate! Space is limited, so please free up space when you no longer need it.
- Be sure you know what the standard set-up is. If you stop by to look at the room, don't assume the set-up you see is the one that is always there. Please try to estimate the amount of setup time you will need and indicate it as pre-event or post-event time on your space request.
- Many University spaces are only available for use during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm (8am-4pm in summer). 25live notes these spaces by showing open/close hours by room. If the room you would prefer to use appears unavailable when you search, it may be because your event is after hours or on a weekend or holiday.
- Be respectful. If your organization hosts an event and the room is damaged, you are accountable for the damage.
- If you are having an outdoor event, you'll need to identify a rain location or a rain date. Before your space reservation is confirmed, it will also have to be approved by our University Greens committee. You may be asked to provide additional information to aid in this approval.